- To purse having a biological child with infertility treatment such as: ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination, IVF, ICSI, GIFT and surgery, etc.
- Try to have a child who is biologically related to one partner only e.g. using donated eggs or donor sperm and surrogacy.
- Try to have a child who is biologically not related to either partner through embryo donation.
ACCEPTING CHILD-FREE LIVING(STAY CHILDLESS)
The decision regarding the management of your infertility is yours and yours alone but it should be noted that the provision of fertility treatments varies greatly from country to country and even in the same country, from clinic to clinic. Before you agree to a fertility treatment, we recommend that you consider the following questions:
- What is the cause of your infertility?
- Why and how the treatment will be given?
- What are the alternatives?
- What is your chance of achieving a pregnancy and a live birth without treatment and how much will the proposed treatment improve your chances of success?
- How much will the treatment cost?
- What are the possible risks and complications?
- How long will you have to undergo treatment in order to give it a reasonable chance to work?