- Direct Billing Agreement – this includes complete coverage, coverage with exclusions, co-payment, etc. A member of the FHFC insurance team will clearly explain what cost factors and liabilities (if any) to expect. All necessary documentation will be provided on behalf of the patient and forwarded directly to the nominated insurance company. The FH insurance team member is available to the patient to answer any further enquiries which may arise.
- Non-direct Billing Agreement – the FHFC insurance officer obtains the necessary documentation from the doctor and will help the patient to complete the paperwork required by the insurer.
Insurers with which FHFC has an agreement
- The FHFC insurance officer will contact the insurance company and provide the patient’s medical report and estimated cost of treatment to obtain a letter of guarantee on the patient’s behalf. This usually takes 24 hours.
- Following receipt of the guarantee, the patient can enjoy the convenience of a cashless experience.
Insurers with which FHFC has no agreement
- The FHFC insurance officer will contact the insurance company and provide the patient’s medical report and estimated cost of treatment to arrange for a guarantee of payment to be forwarded.
- Sometimes a deposit is needed as an interim guarantee if the patient needs or wants immediate hospitalization for treatment.
- Upon receipt of the letter of guarantee from the insurer, the patient’s deposit will be immediately refunded in full.
- The policy of FHFC in an emergency situation is to hospitalize first and to process the documentation later. At Finney Hospital, the health and welfare of the patient always come first.
- The patient’s status, emergency or otherwise, will be determined by the attending physician in the Accident and Emergency Department.
- The FHFC insurance officer will then obtain the pertinent guarantee from the patient’s insurer.
- The patient’s deposit will be refunded in full upon receipt of the letter of guarantee.
- Prior to the patient’s discharge, the FHFC insurance officer will obtain all necessary documentation from the doctor in charge, including detailed explanatory notes of all procedures undertaken, collation of all invoices, etc, and help the patient to fill out the paperwork required by the insurance company.
INSURANCE TEAM AND PROFESSIONAL PARTNERS
The last thing you want to worry about when going top hospital is your insurance. The paperwork alone can be quite daunting. At FHFC Hospital we take care of that worry for you. FHFC has a professional insurance services department dedicated to providing complete support in these matters for our insured patients. The insurance officers are used to working with International and Local Insurance Companies.
From your first consultation, to admission, to treatment, to discharge, the insurance team can handle all details relating to insurance coverage for your stay with us, providing all the necessary paperwork your insurance company may require; we act on your behalf for all medical services related to Out-patient, In-patient etc.
OUR INSURANCE AND ASSISTANCE PARTNERS
In 2014 we provided medical insurance service to more than 1800 new patients. Currently, we work with selected leading Insurance Companies:
Momentum Mutual Health, Nationwide Mutual Health, First Fidelity, Medex, Acacia, Vitality, Liberty, Glico (Gemini Health Care), Apex, Liberty Blue, Empire Mutual Health, Managed Health, Bupa (Mso), E-Process, etc.
FHFC is actively growing the number of insurance companies with which we have third party agreements.